Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 2 of Ministry!

Friday was our first day of ministry and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have so many cool stories to share, and I won't be able to type them all out, but know that I am having the most amazing time here.

On Friday, about half of our team was missing due to late flights and such, so our LITs and a leader filled in the empty spots. We started the day with breakfast and team time, and spent about 40 minutes teaching and practicing the drama with the LITs and leader (s) before heading out. I believe we got out around 10am. One REALLY, REALLY cool thing about Friday was.....Britt Nicole actually went out for ministry day with our team! Her sweet friend Gabby came with us as well. It was sosososososososoosososo cool to have them along. She is super sweet, and really down-to-earth. I thought she was totally amazing. We got to our first ministry site (a park) in about 30 minutes or so. Before we got out of the bus, Britt Nicole led us in a worship song, and we prayed for the drama and the people we were about to impact.

We went out, and split up into groups of about 7 or so to invite people to the drama. After about 10 minutes, we had started to gather a crowd, so we started doing the Hokey Pokey with some of the kids and singing Father Abraham. :) We did the drama, and it went really well. After the drama, one of the girls on our team shared her testimony through a translator, and then one of our leaders explained the drama, in case anyone hadn't understood. When they were finished, we split up into groups again, and went to talk to the people.

I grabbed a translator, and went over to a little girl with two ladies, and a baby boy. The little girl was about 4 years old, and asked what it meant to have Jesus in your heart. I explained the best that I could, and shared a little bit of my testimony with her, and then asked if she wanted to accept Jesus as her Savior. She said yes, and so I prayed with her. After that, a couple of other people came over, and (with the translator helping this whole time) we talked a bit more with the two ladies with her. At the end, all three of them (the little girl and the two ladies) had accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Praise God! :D

We ate lunch (yummy pb&j!) and went back to the park, and did the drama again in a different spot. We gathered an even larger crowd, and again led a few people to the Lord through our drama.

FUAGNEM is awesome, I can't even begin to describe it. It's just so amazing. We had an awesome time. :D

I'm running out of time and trying to go really fast. ;) Today was just as amazing. We got to do the drama three times today, the first two were in a huge park with tons of little kids. We got to play with them and paint their faces and such to invite people to the drama. It was a lot of fun. During our 2nd drama, we had a crowd of over 200 people. :D God is so amazing. The last drama we did in a park behind a local market. I got to lead someone to Christ again through a translator. :D

For our team alone, in the two days we've been out, we've had over 35 salvations. :D Praise the Lord! I'm not sure what the total count for all the teams is, but I'll find out tonight at FUAGNEM. I'm getting ready to go to dinner now, so I need to get going.

Love you all! :D <3333

2 comments:

  1. That's AMAZING!!!!

    And pretty cool that you got to meet Britt Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo awesome! I pray that God will use you all in so many more ways.

    ReplyDelete