Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Monday and Tuesday....

So, first off, the rest of Sunday evening was FANTASTIC!!!! The seminars were awesome, as was our evening FUAGNEM (that's our worship service, in case you were wondering ;). Then we had the Britt Nicole concert. She. is. so. awesome! I loved every bit of it, she is so sweet and down-to-earth, and just has such a huge heart for the Lord. Afterwards, there was a signing table set up in the lobby for autographs, and I, luckily, was near the front of the line. I stood in line for about 30 minutes before getting up there. We were only allowed to have one thing signed (sorry Jenny!) so I had Britt and Gabby (her friend :D) sign the back of my trip notebook. I got a picture with them too. :)

Monday, we went to a low-income school. There was a ton of kids there, so we waited while they did their morning ... exercise? :) I'm not quite sure what they were doing. It was their last day of school. After they had finished their morning routine, we split into two groups because there was so many kids (maybe 200? or more?) and we had a bunch of different things to do with them. A couple of us brought out some face paints and painted a TON of faces, hands, arms, etc. I must have painted over 100 pictures (I am getting much better at asking kids what they want me to paint in Spanish ;P). Other people were playing with them, or giving them stickers, or blowing bubbles, or just giving them lots of hugs. :)

We did the drama for them, and after the prayer, about half of the kids raised their hands to say that they had accepted Jesus as their Savior. We went around to talk to the people there, and I was able to pray for one mom that had two little kids at the school. She was already a Christian, so I was able to pray for her family and job. :)

I'm really running out of time. :O Tuesday, we went to a church about an hour away, and we were able to do a work project for them. We helped them prepare this area they were leveling for a new church. We had to dig some spots, wheel dirt to the next, then I and a couple of others were leveling it out and smashing dirt clumps. It was a lot harder than it sounds. I was using my hands and feet for the leveling, and for the smashing, we were using either our hands and feet again, or this huge tool that was a long stick with this metal thing on the end, like.... hmm... like an unsharp ax. haha, I don't know how to describe it. It was hard work, but it was still a great day.

FUAGNEM was awesome, as usual. :D Tonight I got a blood transfusion. :D I'll go into more detail on that later, but everything is going great. I miss you guys back home, but I love it here so much. I'll be sad when it's time to leave. :'(

Love you all! <3 Thanks so much for all the prayers! I haven't been sick, although a lot on our team have, so please be praying for health, safety and lots of energy. And of course, be praying for God to work through us to minister to the people of Ecuador. Gracias!

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds so wonderful Rach! I'm so glad your having such a blast and that God is really working through you all. Keep safe, have fun and I'm praying for you all, but especially you Sis.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete